One of the projects we made at my recent stamp club meeting was a “Book Fold” card. I got the inspiration from my upline, Sandy Hancock. A Book Fold card is simple to make, but adds a little twist to make the card interesting. I wanted our project to reflect the fall season, so I used the gorgeous Gilded Autumn Specialty Designer Series Paper. This paper is so beautiful with gold accents on many of the pages in the pack.
This card really shows off the beautiful paper – it is the star of the show. Very limited embellishment is required. If I make this Book Fold card again, I will add three wheat staffs instead of two. You know the rule – odd numbers are more pleasing to the eye than even numbers.
Here is how I made the card:
- Stamps: Banner Year (page 65 – 2020 Holiday Mini Catalog)
- Paper: Crumb Cake; Gold Foil; Bumblebee; Gilded Autumn Specialty Designer Series Paper; Very Vanilla
- Ink: Cajun Craze
- Other: 3/8” Embroidered Ribbon (page 57 – 2020 Holiday Mini Catalog); Autumn Essentials Dies; Sponge Daubers; Tear & Tape
- Crumb Cake: cut 11 x 4-1/4. Score at 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 on 11″ side
- Gold Foil: cut 4 x 4 and 1 x 4. Adhere 4 x 4 piece on largest card front section. Adhere 1 x 4 piece on left side of card front
- Designer Series Paper: cut 3-3/4” square and ¾” strip
- Bumblebee scrap: cut three staffs of wheat with the Autumn Essential Dies. Lightly sponge with Cajun Craze ink. Adhere to the card as shown
- Gold Foil: cut 2-3/4 x ¾. Adhere to the card over the wheat staffs
- Very Vanilla: 2-1/2 x 1/2. Stamp greeting with Cajun Craze ink and adhere to the gold foil as shown
- Add the ribbon around the inside front of the card and tie with a knot
- Add Tear & Tape to the inside book end by the score line. This holds the book end closed
So what do you think? Isn’t this a pretty but easy-to-make card? I hope you try to make one of your own, using the products shown or with products you have on hand.
Thank you for visiting today. If you want to duplicate my card, you can order the products used at my Stampin’ Up! store at http://www.donnabagwell.stampinup.net