Today I am sharing how to make a Corner Latch card. Thank you to LeeAnn Greff for sharing a tutorial on how to make one.
- Stamp Sets: Hand Penned Petals; Create With Friends
- Paper: Blushing Bride; Basic White; Vellum; Highland Heather; Hand Penned Designer Series Paper
- Ink: Highland Heather
- Other: Tasteful Labels Dies; Blushing Bride 3/8″ Metallic Ribbon (retired); Stampin’ Dimensionals; Tear & Tape; Multipurpose Glue or Stampin Seal; Stampin’ Cut & Emboss
- Card :11″ x 4-1/4″. Score at 5-1/2″, trim off 2-3/4″ (this piece will be used on the front flap)
- Designer Series Paper: 2 pieces of 2-1/2″ x 4″
- Corner: 2-1/4″ square, cut in half on the diagonal You will end up with two triangles – save the second one for later
- Inside: 4″ x 5-1/4″
Assembling the card is pretty intuitive. To make the corner use Stampin’ Dimensionals on one of the triangles, place one on each corner. Adhere to the card. I used LeeAnn’s suggestion and adhered the triangle pocket first, then adhered the front panel so I could place it in a way that the corner just tucked into the pocket. Another suggestion – adhere the front panel well because it will be tucked in and out of the corner pocket. I used Tear & Tape to adhere the ribbon to the card – worked like a charm and did not add additional bulk. I also love the way the vellum flower softens the appearance of the Highland Heather flower underneath.
I just LOVE the Hand Penned Designer Series Paper. The floral images are delicate-looking, and the colors used go together beautifully and are so summery: Basic Black, Blushing Bride, Cinnamon Cider, Daffodil Delight, Garden Green, Highland Heather, Mint Macaron, Misty Moonlight, Pale Papaya, and Pool Party. And – there are lots of embellishments that go well with the paper.
I hope you will give this style of card a try – it is easy to make and creates a different type of greeting card.