Today I am sharing a different type of card using the Poppy Parade stamp set. It has been a long time since I’ve posted on my new blog. My life was turned upside down when my daughter fell in January and broke her shoulder in two places. I stayed with her for 6 weeks while she healed enough to do most things on her own. Once I returned home it was difficult to get my life back on track, then the coronavirus started to create havoc with everyone’s lives. I’ve been in a funk while doing my best to stay at home and not get sick.
Today I realized that having to stay home is the perfect time to get caught up on taking care of our home, but also to start papercrafting and blogging again. Just before the “stay at home” order was issued I managed to have my stamp club meeting at the end of January. This is one of the cards we made. We used the Painted Poppies stamp set from the 2020 Occasions catalog. I love this stamp set and coordinating products because they are so versatile (and the Designer Series Paper is gorgeous).
I loved the layout of this card, and found it surprisingly easy to make. The best part is that you can use any stamp set or colors you have in your stash. Products I used are:
- Stamp Set: Painted Poppies; Thanks For The Laughs
- Paper: Poppy Parade; Basic Black; Whisper White
- Ink: Memento Black; Poppy Parade; Granny Apple Green
- Other: Layered Squares Dies; Blender Pen; White Baker’s Twine
- Using a square die, cut out the front window
- Using the SAME DIE place it on a piece of scrap Basic Black (leave some room around it). Use the Scallop Square Die that is one size bigger and place over the square on the scrap; cut out with your die cutter. This will give you a perfectly sized “frame” to put over the square opening on the front of the card.
- Stamp the inside piece, making sure the images are placed so that you can see them through the window
- Stamp the inside, and use Baker’s Twine to hold inside the card base.
Yes, it is that easy. You can quickly make multiples of this design, using any combination of stamps and colors. If you like the products I used you can order them through my Stampin’ Up! store at http://www.donnabagwell.stampinup.net
Let me know what you think of this card design by leaving me a comment below.